Thursday, August 2, 2012

Foster Sheep Farm Classes

Over the weekend I was fortunate enough to teach at The Yarn Shop at Foster Sheep Farm in Schuylerville, NY.  (It's about 20 minutes outside of Saratoga Springs.)  I met lovely people, and had a terrific time!

The shop is located on a working sheep farm in a truly bucolic setting.  Inside, it's decorated with a trove of early american antiques piled high with very high quality fibers. 

As a sheep farmer and expert spinner, Carol Foster is an ideal guide to the world of fiber.  Her understanding of wool, spinning, plying, and knitting combine into outstanding recommendations of fiber and technique to make any project a success. She's also a baker, and both days I taught there were delicious baked good snacks provided to customers and the folks in class.  (I was partial to the mixed berry pie with ice cream.)

The students were all knitters who were spinners as well, and they were hilarious.  Each one brought a unique attitude, and we had a terrific time.  This weekend was the first time I taught the new Simple and Surprising Shaping Techniques class.  It was a success, in spite of a few mis-steps on my part. 

No comments: