Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crazy Holidays

Happy Winter Solstice!  It's the shortest day of the year.  What will you be doing in all that darkness?  I'll be knitting, or so I tell people. 

It's a bit crazy at my house, maybe more than a bit, and all the Zen in the world isn't buying me any more time.  Due to the craziness, I will be re posting some "classic" blog posts here until after the new year has come in and settled.  There will be occasional new posts, but not as many as usual.

In the holiday knitting department, I have finished everything that I've planned on, and shipped it all out yesterday.  Of course, now I have to finish samples for a couple of yarn manufacturers, one for an article in a print magazine, and one for my Gift Knits Club.  Either I'm over committed, or I'm a very slow knitter.  It feels like tackling these projects resembles an assault on Everest.  Where's my trusty Sherpa, you may ask?  Knitting for her own holidays.  Yep, the intrepid Colleen is not available to bail my butt out at the moment.  Even trusty sidekicks need time off, and I have to accept "no" for an answer occasionally.  Thank heavens it's only occasionally!  (I get her services back in about a week, thank heavens!)

Thank you, reader, for keeping me company on my crazy knitting journey.  Without you, there would be no reason for this blog, publishing all these patterns, and some of the fun would be gone from exploring the off-beat sides of knitting.  It's all so much more fun when I get to share it with you.

Thank you all for all of your support during my son's critical illness this summer.  Now that he's home and recovering, I still think of the support you sent every day.  From highs to lows, we've gone through quite a bit together this year.  It's been a great ride.

So, Classics coming up for a couple of weeks, with occasional new material.  I'll be back in the saddle soon.  Thanks.

No comments: