Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just a Quickie

While I was in Montreal for the last few days, I went to get a massage.  My French is poor, so the folks at the spa and I limped along in broken phrases until we understood each other.  My therapist was a lovely woman from Columbia who spoke Spanish as a first language, French as a second, and no English at all.  Ok.  Anything worth having is worth working for.  We made it work. We began the massage, and it was lovely.  All was well, and I was magnificiently relaxed.  Then the therapist asked me to roll over.  As I did, the table collapsed.

I rolled across the floor completely unharmed. Once I got over a moment of shock, laughing a belly laugh, I realized that I couldn't assure the therapist I was OK in any language, and I couldn't stop laughing. 

After a few minutes, we got over it and went on with the massage.  I think I'll chuckle every time I think of that for the rest of my life.  I was not the experience I thought I was getting, but I wouldn't trade it!

I'll tell you about the knitting soon!

No comments: