Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Knitwear Trends

Jury Duty at the Federal District Court has been an interesting exercise.  We're not allowed electronics of any kind, so no internet surfing.  And they've been very clear - no knitting needles.  (Apparently juries have been known to resort to violence!)

When I'm not in court, I'm at the new house getting work done.  There's no end of yard work.  The previous owners neglected the exterior for years.  Working in the yard for hours each day trying to make the property safe and ready for when the snow flies is making slow progress.

When all of that is finished, I come home to my daughter and manage regular life.  Dinner, laundry, housework, groceries, and managing her Asperger's Syndrome take up all remaining energy.  I've been sleeping like a baby!  But I usually go to bed around 9:00 these days, due to plain exhaustion. 

During my hiatus from knitting, I constantly notice knitwear as I move around Buffalo.  It's like when you get a new car, and suddenly notice those cars everywhere!  Right now I'm seeing many pastel sweaters warn over clothes in fall colors.  The mornings are very chilly (in the 40's) and I'm seeing a wide variety of caps and tams that seem to come in only two categories - lacy and sporty.  What happened to funky, or chunky, or novelty?  Lastly, scarves are in major evidence, on men and on women.  All are light weight, and simple color patterns or intricate stitch patterns are the order of the day.  I know some of this is the season, but there does seem to be a definite emphasis towards lighter knits in fall fashion in Buffalo.  What are you seeing?

No comments: