Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Classic Elite Visit

I'm so excited!  I'm visiting Classic Elite Yarns in Lowell, MA today, and I can't wait!  Not technically a manufacturer any longer, they distribute yarns made to their specifications in colorways they have designed.  I've used many of their yarns, and have a longstanding love affair with Alpaca Sox in particular.

I'm looking at eco-friendly yarns for my next major design project, and they have the wonderful Verde line.  Eco-friendly yarns are as durable and beautifully colored as conventionally processed yarns, and they have a wonderful "feel good" factor for doing a good deed.  In Classic Elite's case with Verde, they also have STYLE!  I'm hoping to create a design relationship with them, and give you some free patterns using these yarns.  I've been swatching with Sprout and Solstice (both great for children's things and baby blankets), and can't wait to break out into Katydid (tape style yarn) with all of its textural possibilities. 

Look at these!  I know, gorgeous.  And with 5 of 7 recommended for spring/summer, now is the time!

Verde Collection
Allegoro
Light
Spring
Verde Collection
Chesapeake
Medium
Fall
Verde Collection
Katydid
Medium
Spring
Verde Collection
Seedling
medium
Spring
Verde Collection
Solstice
Medium
Spring
Verde Collection
Sprout
Bulky
Spring
Verde Collection
Woodland
Light
Fall
I'll tell you how it goes, andif it goes really well, brace yourself for an onslaught of kid patterns!

No comments: