Friday, August 19, 2011

Freebie Friday - too cool for school

Elisabeth here.  I'm still in Cleveland with my son at the hospital, but I have a rare internet connection, so I thought I'd share a freebie.

Yesterday in the hospital cafeteria I saw a woman wearing the vest below.  It was gorgeous!  She had made it in a mohair blend, in a marled grey/brown.   I asked her about working on it, and she mentioned that it was only her second sweater!  (She looked to be about 20 years old.)  She'd been knitting for 3 years, and found it "challenging but not hard."  Give it a try!

Cabled Teal Vest 

2 comments:

kangath said...

I'm sorry to hear about your son. Sending good thoughts . . .

Unknown said...

Thanks! All of your support is so appreciated! He had surgery today, but still isn't stable enough for the big open heart surgery he really needs. I'll be knitting in hospital rooms for a while yet.

Liz