Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Progress!

Hi everyone, Colleen again.  Elisabeth’s son was airlifted to the Cleveland Clinic yesterday, and the situation is still very critical.  Please keep the good thoughts coming, they really mean a lot to the family.

So the process of starting this shawl for our dear friend has been a comedy of errors.  It was a combination of not knowing the summer hours of the yarn shops, trying to wrangle my kids, and working around Elisabeth’s wool allergy.  Then, of course, our intrepid blogstress threw me a curve ball… pink.  Pink?  Really?  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE pink (as one glance in my closet will prove).  But I never pegged Elisabeth as a pink shawl kind of girl.  It’s a good thing I asked, since I was totally planning something in a bluish gray.

Anyway, earlier this morning the stars aligned and I was able to make it to the yarn shop when it was actually open.  The kids were informed that good behavior might just result in a trip to McDonald’s (no, I’m not above bribery!).  I poked around for a little while, and then I saw it.  One skein of Luxe Alpaca by Woodstock Yarns.  It was pink- not hot pink, not baby pink, not bubble gum pink, just a nice soft pink.  It was alpaca- 100% alpaca.  It was DK weight, but the Oscilloscope Shawl pattern seems easy enough to extend, and the 660 yards in the skein gives me plenty of room to do that.  So far, so good.  And then I saw one word on the label that completely sealed the deal.  The name of the colorway?  WINE! 

I will be casting on as soon as I post this!

1 comment:

Beth W. said...

Always thinking about her and her family! Glad you found the 'perfect' yarn...'wine'....go figure! Hope all goes well.