Sunday, December 2, 2012

KnitPurlGurl

This has been a very sad week for me as I learned of the passing of Karrie Steinmetz, better known as KnitPurlGurl.  Karrie blogged, podcasted, Tweeted, taught, and lived positive knitting support.  She also had a family she adored, hobbies, and was a tireless advocate for Autism and Asperger's Syndrome tolerance and understanding.  She died far too young, with school age children.  My heart breaks for her family.

To say we were close friends would be to overstate the relationship.   We Tweeted about knitting and Autism.  We emailed about knitting and blogging.  We smiled and hugged and talked at Rhinebeck, and we read each other's blogs.  But as an avid knitting professional and blogger, and the mom of a teen with Asperger's, she was an important voice in my life.  I will miss her on a variety of levels. 

If you're not familiar with her work, please visit her blog here.  Her patterns and podcast are still available, too. 

No comments: