Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Knitting - Free Pattern

It's coming up on one of my favorite holidays here, St. Patrick's Day.  There's a long darn time between Valentine's Day and Easter, and I appreciate any excuse for folks to get together and smile.  And that this year it's only 9 days after Mardi Gras?  Well, that's outstanding!  (Of course, there are still 30 days until Easter after St. Pat's, but I'm sure we'll come up with something to do!)

Scanning through some favorite patterns, I came across this one from Knitty 2006.   It's the Cambio Sweater by Libby Baker, and I think it's cute as a button.  I'm thinking of knitting it in a soft green, or an acidic lime green, as a fun addition to the spring wardrobe. 

Other quick knits for the spring include wraps, tanks and tees, and of course my St. Paddy's Mittens (in the menu at right) from last month.  Buffalo is fickle in spring.  I've sunbathed on Easter, and shoveled on Mother's Day, so  tank tops and mittens really are both part of the spring wardrobe here.  It's a little schizophrenic, but it's a knitter's paradise!  (There's no place like home.)

No comments: