Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have finished the design for the mittens to be knit on US 2 or 3 needles.  I haven't made a sample, but the design is drawn to the scale that I knit to with some Cascade Cash Vero DK on little needles.  It's surprisingly fun to design at that scale!  Colorwork in small stitch sizes allows for shapes that just won't work up on larger stitches.  Be patient!  When I've knit good chunk of sample, I'll let you know.

I'm also working on the charity project.  Thanks for all of you who have sent emails, posted on Ravelry, or sent PMs.  I'm in the process of selecting the second charity we will donate to.  The first charity mitten pattern sample is coming along nicely, but I'm making a few adjustments along the way to make it as easy as possible to make.  This pattern will contain a bonus pattern, too.  I'm doing a retro-styled tribute to the organization in a simple mitten pattern.  The bonus should be finished tonight or tomorrow.

My calendar is starting to fill in with teaching events and knitting conferences and festivals. Thanks for the updates and invitations.  I love being invited to teach or speak, and always look forward to meeting more knitters.  There are always such creative people with such wonderful ideas at these things!  We knitters are a pretty cool bunch, I must say.

Thank you again for all the support and ideas and updates.  You guys rock!

No comments: