|(This is not me or Colleen. In case you wondered.)|
This is cool. It also led me to think of other fundraising possibilities. A knit-a-thon for a cause? An auction of knitwear for a particular charity?
We have chosen our first charity, and are just working the kinks out of the pattern. I'm hoping to post a photo and have the pattern for sale by the end of the week! Please submit your ideas to us. It will help us to design projects relevant to all of us.
1) National or international charities only, please. This will create a broad base of appeal and possible donations.
2) Organizations only - no fundraising for individuals.
3) Send the exact name ("Susan G. Komen for the Cure" instead of "Breast Cancer") of the organization, with any other contact info you may have.
4) Indicate what the organization does, and why the organization is meaningful to you. Do you have friends or family helped by this organization? Is it a cause you've worked for and believe in? Did you found the organization?
5) If someone has already posted your idea, post it anyway! It helps us recognize the level of interest in a particular organization.
You are welcome to submit as many ideas as you have. Please forward this post to your family and friends. We would like to create projects that will appeal to as many knitters and families as possible, and we need your help. Thank you in advance for all of your consideraton.