Monday, January 31, 2011

Bless Me For I Have Sinned

Today I made a huge mistake.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  Today I went out to get my car fixed without my knitting bag.  (I offer the pathetic defense that I had no idea I would be there for more than 20-30 minutes.)

I know.  I was in the waiting room all of about 30 seconds before I realized my mistake.  I knit my Mr. Mittens thumbs in my head, and prayed that elves were hard at work at home.  Alas, no.

So, $1200 and 2 hours later, my car runs fine and my knitting is no further along.  (That's the thing about car maintenance: it costs a fortune to get your car running the same way it did just a few days before.)  So while I paid $10 per minute for my car to run the way it did last Thursday, I managed to NOT knit two thumbs and a cast-on of the tam I'm teaching in class next week. 

I will do better.  I have learned from my mistake.  I promise.

No comments: