Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School... finally!

Colleen here again.  Today is the first day back to preschool for my little guy, and he was SO excited this morning.  I guess I would be too, if I got to go spend my morning playing with friends.  His sister still has a few days left before the bus comes to whisk her off to first grade. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids.  I love them like it's going out of style.  But I have really been looking forward to this time of year.  This summer has been a whirlwind of trying to get everything done as fast as possible so we have time to play, watch a movie, swim in the pool, go to the playground...  The chores get finished, and then before I know it it's dinner/ bath/ bedtime and both kids are tired, sweaty and cranky.  I suppose that's what summer vacation is all about.

Back to school time is a totally different story.  I will start having a few blissful hours to myself without hearing a mother's least favorite sentence ("Mom, I'm bored.")  Maybe I will actually have some time during the day to get in a little bit of knitting while the coffee is still in my system and my eyelids aren't being propped open by toothpicks.  This was in fact my plan for the first few days that both kids will be in school.  Spend a little time getting the chores done, and then park on the couch until the bus shows up bringing the little guy home. 

So can someone please tell me how I ended up volunteering to work at the school book fair on the first day of school?????

No comments: