Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eat Your Yarn

Yep, it's an entirely edible cake!
I love watching the cooking shows on television, and am impressed and amazed at the cakes in particular.  I'm a humble, home made cake girl with no special baking talent or skill.  I look at the things they show on Cake Boss and some of the Cupcakes and Just Desserts and think it must be heartbreaking to the chefs to see their creations end up in someone's tummy.

I've never seen the cake art form combined with the knitting arts, though, so the blog post below came as a big surprise. 

Crafty Cakes  is a post on the Cakewrecks blog, which usually celebrates the funny downside of cakemaking.  They took a sharp turn and celebrated these beauties and many more in an article about crafting cakes around favorite crafts. 

The yarn, basket and scissors are all edible.  Amazing!
I find myself wondering if I'll ever see one of these masterpieces in person.  How do they do it?  How do they taste?  What do they cost?  (I'm not sure I want to know!)

I'll be baking a few birthday cakes this year for my family and friends, and I'll be happy if they come out of the pans without sticking or breaking, and if they allow me to ice them without them falling apart.  But in my head, I'll be dreaming of these, and hoping that on MY  birthday....

No comments: