Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I have four knitting festivals/conferences to teach in on the next three weekends.  There's so much to look forward to!  In the meantime, I just got my son home from the hospital after five weeks in critical care, and I've just gone back to my day job now that I'm home from his bedside.  I'm finishing design samples for two different yarn manufacturers, and my kids are in the throes of the back-to-school madness.  (I was interrupted twice by my kids in the two minutes of writing this!)

Knit Kitchen Rug Pattern
In the midst of it all, I received a visit from the "yarn fairy".  A friend of a friend passed on a big bag of rug yarn.  I've never worked with rug yarn, and I'm excited about all the ideas that started flowing as soon as I saw it!  But when do I have time to play with it? 

Knitting is such a refuge for me.  It's the calm in the storm of my life.  Unfortunately, I really have to focus on the storm right now!  I love having all the madness being good news for a change.  I'm just going to need a lot of coffee, a little help, and a lot of luck!

If you'd like to start experimenting with rug yarn, you might want to start with the pattern above.

No comments: