Saturday, November 27, 2010

Again with the Newsletter

The blog is suffering its monthly lag because my writing time is being taken up by the Karma Knitting newsletter, due out on the 30th.  I'm still in a turkey-induced coma, more than a little studied out for school, and the writing is going slowly.

Sock one on the surprisingly tiny feet gift is almost done, making me grateful my dear friend doesn't have BIG feet.  (How long would that have taken?)  I still think I'll make it in time, but it will be tighter than I thought or want.

I'm looking forward to a change in December class planning.  Colleen suggested a monthly Knitting 101 class, and she was right.  The first Sunday of every month we will be teaching the very basics of knitting, purling, and simple increases and decreases.  I love the basic classes.  It's so cool to see people's faces when they get it!

Also, there will be a straight needle glove class.  (Picture at left.  The embroidery was an afterthought, and further proof I can't embroider!) )  They're really easy, and a good precursor to making gloves in the round to get an understanding of construction and shaping. 

I have to get back to the newsletter.  I hope to see you in class!

No comments: