Friday, November 12, 2010

What's On the Needles Now

Right now, I have to bind off my daughters cabled mitts.  I should have finished them two weeks ago, but I left them undone at the thumb gusset so I could use them as an example in a class I was teaching.  Now they've been around so long, they just aren't exciting anymore.  They're still beautiful, and on great yarn.  I think I'm just more into variety... I'll finish them today just to alleviate my guilt.

I've also started a pair of socks for a dear girlfriend (who has surprisingly tiny feet for an adult!), and since they are on the magical Nichole Sock Yarn by Schaefer, they are absurdly seductive.  They call to me like Sirens, trying to get me to forsake all knitting for them.  "Back to knitting monogamy", they urge!

I haven't started my cool vest in brioche stitch, mostly because I'm a chicken.  I don't want to discover I've bitten off more than I can chew.  Now that it's in print, however, I will get it on the needles this weekend.

PS - Has anybody seen the cute Spiral Cap and Fair Isle Mittens I knit for my daughter's birthday?  Her birthday is tomorrow, and I've hidden them from her so well I've ended up hiding them from myself! :(  I didn't take a picture, so if I don't find them, I can't even give her a snapshot!  ***frustrated grumbling***

PPS - I found them, hiding out in a sample bin at the knit shop.  They're a little washed out in the photo, but cute in person.  I hope she likes 'em!

1 comment:

MissColleen said...

check the sample bins down in the basement at the shop... they may be there (everything else is!)