Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Knitting Monogamy

While doing my best to be monogamous to my sock project for the Mr., I have managed to knit a sample of the Knit Along for next month. It works! I love when I don't have to redesign, which happens a little less than half the time. My current school load is a little nuts, so I appreciate the reprieve from further knitting homework.

I used to be a strong believer in having a couple or a few projects on the needles at a time. It was good to have one really portable and mindless project for knitting away from home, one more interesting project for my primary knitting, and maybe one long term project that would make me crazy to tackle for more than an hour at a time. That changed when I spent the last year avoiding knitting requests, and only knit what I wanted at any given time. I've discovered I'm more interested in finishing things than I realized. It's not very Zen of me, but the process is not the only reason I do this. If I need a simple project for a situation, I'll cast it on at that time. (Not that these socks are rocket science, mind you, but my knitting time is short these days.)

So now, I'm a one-project-woman, with the exception of the classes I design and the monthly Knit Along. Which means I'm still a knitting polygamist after all. I just have less on the needles. Rats. I guess I'm a recovering polygamist. Wish me luck.

No comments: