Saturday, October 23, 2010

What's Next

I'm trying to figure out what classes to offer next.  Things that have been popular in the past?  Something new?  Advanced techniques or something simpler?  A specific project or a skill with a wide application?  Seasonal for today, or something for next season?  Yeesh!  So many possibilities!

What if I offer cables?  Do I choose a pattern with cables in it?  Or do I teach the principles of cables and leave the pattern choice to the students?  Basic cables or reversible cables or cables that make intricate knots and weaves?  Usually when I teach a class the students leave with a swatch made in class that contains all of the techniques needed for the project.  Other teachers will offer multiple classes, and say "For homework, work until you start the decrease for the armhole.  We'll pick it up there next week."  Decisions, decisions.

Since the next several classes will be free, price won't be a factor.  What kind of class do you like?  What would you like to learn next?  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cable projects please! I'll be attending the mitts class next week.